Saturday, September 20, 2008

To my ABBA lovin' friend!

I would like to say how upset I am that Kim beat me to it! I have been waiting for her birthday to do an "I Love Kimberly" post and surprise her. Now I will just look lame after that Awesome "Everyone needs a Carol"post.
However, Thank you so much Kim! That made my whole day and I made Ro read it twice!

What's really funny is that for the past two days the boys and I have been listening and dancing to ABBA, and I have been thinking of my favorite college roomate and friend. (Turner loves the song Mama Mia and has wanted me to play it over and over and dance with him)
So, here's my shout out to the person who made me love ABBA and some of my favortie memories with her!
-going to Ricks dances
-Kim setting the alarm clock ahead of time so we would be on time stake conference
-Kim putting up with me hitting the snooze button for an hour, before I decided not to go to class anyway
-Kim setting the alarm clock ahead 4 hours so that when I thought I was waking up at 5:00 in the morning to work on a project it was actually 1:00 in the morning-and I when I finished my project I thought I would go for a run and was so amazed at all the stars that were in the Idaho sky at 7:00 in the morning!(However when I woke everyone up at 8:00a.m. b/c I was afraid they would be late for class their plan might have backfired!)
-We have a lot of clock memories!
-sand dunes
-cleaning the apt. listening to ABBA, No Doubt, Weezer and many more of our favorites
-Certain people putting my bra and underwear in the freezer(and yes they do freeze solid)
-my birthday when they dressed me up so I was the more beautiful than I had ever been and surprised me with friends at Millhollow for ice-cream
-all the icecream birthday cakes we made that year
-cooking with kim
-making packages and decorating letters for our long distance lovers
-getting ready for Ricks dances-70's, 80's and late 90's clothes- we looked good in all three decades!
-last finding a life-long friend who will always listen and laugh with me
This post is for my friend who knows the difference between wet sand and dry sand!
Love you Kim!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, what a surprise! Ever since we spoke on the phone, the other day, my mind has been overflowing with tons and tons of "Carol" memories! Remember when you thought I was the best roommate for making you a grilled cheese sandwich...ha ha! You were always such a good sport! I was going through all of our pictures, from Ricks, and had the best time remembering back on our good ol' days! Remember our cheerleader skit? And, ah, yes, is this wet sand or is this dry sand??? Seriously, I think we need to meet up for women's conference or something and stay in the dorms...wouldn't that be fun!

Diane said...

Carol, I read Kimberly's post about you and then yours and it really took me back to those fun days. You were just the medicine Kim needed....a true answer to prayer! There's nothing like a good friend. I even remember your frozen underwear. I think Kimberly was laughing so hard she was crying when she told me about it. You were such a good sport!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

this was so fun to read the other side! How fun the two of you sound!

Jen said...

I love me some Abba! Now that Mamma Mia is a movie, I've seen it in the theater 4 or 5 times. Ummm...I think I like it. :)

It sounds like you had a blast at Ricks with Kim. Gotta love those college memories!

Thanks for leaving a comment. I am a lover of comments for sure!